Boost your wash day conditioning with this 3-ingredient antioxidant tea blend. Developed in partnership with the Yokai Tea company this rinse features organic white peony tea leaves, lavender buds, and cornflower petals. This lightly caffeinated white tea (camellia sinensis plant) blend aids in neutralizing and calming scalp irritation, improves hair growth and follicle retention, and conditions strands.
Each 4 oz jar yields 10+ rinses
INGREDIENTS: White peony tea leaves+○, Lavender (Lavandin) buds+○, cornflower petals+○▽
○ORGANIC +FAIR TRADE ▽NON-GMO
Note: Because we use naturally sourced botanicals, color may vary slightly across batches.
HOW TO TEA RINSE:
- Combine 1–2 tablespoons of tea with 16 oz of just-boiled water in a heat-safe, pourable vessel. For a more concentrated steep, cover with a small dish.
- Let cool to room temperature, then strain out leaves if necessary. We like to portion the recipe into two, 8 oz applicator bottles, using one and refrigerating the other for our next wash day!
- After shampooing, apply 8 oz of tea (prioritizing the scalp) and massage in. Then apply your favorite deep conditioner.
- Cover hair with plastic cap and leave in for 20–40 mins. For best results, use a heated cap or cover with towel.
- Finger detangle and rinse out. Try ending with a cold water rinse to close the hair cuticle.
Recipe makes two, 8 oz detox rinses.
Our tea is specially formulated for hair – please do not drink.
Let us know how things are getting on! We hope you enjoy smooth and fortified strands.